I've started preparing for the school Christmas fete...
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The wreath was made using leftover yarn and and a re-purposed jersey belt and a styrafoam ring.
1. I wrapped the ring with a belt thingy:
2. I sewed the end of the belt onto the rest o the material, I could have glued it on as well (but this way I can use it again for other projects):
3. I made the pompoms with a fork, here is a cool tutorial for it from the EX Expat: http://exexp.at/post/29512224064/diy-mini-pompoms
|picture from http://exexp.at/post/29512224064/diy-mini-pompoms|
4. I sewed the pompoms on and tied some of the yarn onto the top pf the wreath.
1. I traced the 4 sides o the box and cut out slightly smaller shapes from the scrap book paper.
2. My son painted along all the corners where the paint would show.
3. I applied pva glue to the paper with a plastic brush (to prevent air bubbles) and carefully placed in on the box.
4. I used acrylic varnish outside and inside the box (so it will be easier to remove pencil marks-- son's idea)