We got this chair from our friends when we moved, and I have been meaning to do something with the seat (other than covering it with a tea towel) for nearly a year now...
It was a question of finding the confidence and the right fabric, mostly the latter :)
Last week I found a whole bunch of floral print pieces, scraps and shop samples in a charity shop. I bought a couple of pieces, this sample among them:
(it is about 60 x 60 cms)
The great thing about this chair is that the seat can be unscrewed and that when you reassemble it, the screws fix the seat firmly on the frame so that the upholstery fabric is held in place.
My son and I dissembled the seat quite quickly and easily. He loves using the screwdriver, and also loves to "really help".
|The truck held the screws while we worked :)|
S got to help fasten the screws.
Ta da! The colours of the print also go well with our desk (which I have painted teal but is still under constuction)
The revamp took about 20 minutes and 50 pence. I am really proud :)